all my links on google chrome
- http://www.ubu.com/ like, the most Art with a capital A resources ever.
- http://www.feedbooks.com/ ebooks, hella.
- http://manybooks.net/ some more ebooks.
- http://www.diningaftermidnight.com/ restaurants open in San Dieslow after midnight
- http://lifeprint.com/index.htm resource for learning sign language aka ASL that i bookmarked and spent twenty minutes on halfway through watching an after school special style movie starring sally struthers and james woods who star as parents of a kid they think is retarded but turns out is just deaf.
- https://www.wibit.net/ a site intended to teach coding using cartoom characters, like java the sloth and c# the pufferfish, apparently
- http://missing-e.com/ shit to make your tumblr dashboard more intuitive
- http://miharumatsunaga.com/blog/ some whack japanese photographer
- http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-make-e-books-show-up-under-books-on-the-kindle-fire/ umm.. an article on how to make ebooks show up under books on the kindle fire.
- http://michaelpageart.com/archive-2/ artist site for michael page, squiggly, abstracty, but figurative at times too. james jean-y but less asian.
- http://www.vice.com/read/reviews-0000212-v19n6?utm_source=vicetumblrus reviews for some shit on vice i have no idea why i bookmarked as the only times ive gone to their site was for the leaked lindsay lohan celebrity sex list three weeks ago and the four hours i spent looking at every do/dont two years ago.
- http://www.fgglobal.com/clinical-trials/Nationwide/800-depression-focus-group?studyID=7936 a thing for a clinical study on depression i was hoping to fake my way through (kinda) for $800 buxx
- http://disqus.com/admin/tumblr/ where you install disqus for your tumblr which i apparently never did.
- expired craigslist link #1: 2 iphone 3s for sale
- expired craigslist link #2: some guy looking for tintypes and old photos and shit
- http://chucklorre.com/ ever notice how at the end of the nerds show (Big Bang Theory) they flash a screen with a bunch of nonsense where the production logo goes? apparently that dude, chuck lorre, does that with all the shows he produces. like dharma and greg. i think. you can read them all here. and some of them are pretty incredible.
- http://liliputing.com/2011/12/how-to-install-configure-android-4-0-on-the-kindle-fire.html how to install android OS on your kindle. something ive also never done.
- http://m.friendfeed-media.com/698bf68b35f3411e2b4d4c110fc45a02f9de45f7 PDF file for Zizek’s latest(-ish) book, Living in End Times! Philosophie! Capatlism’s Armageddon! Christian Farce!
- broken link to a cartoon animation of one of Zizek’s lectures. it kinda ruled. que lastima.
- http://pdflibrary.wordpress.com/ like a grip of philisophical texts (including zizek) on pdf
- https://www.flickr.com/photos/allisonharvard/ i was about to describe this as some bitch’s flickr thats not that good until i realized that the bitch is one of the contestants from the only season of americas next top model i watched. i think she won. or was in second.
- http://www.americansuburbx.com/ idk what this is but its definitely artsy and hip as fuck, like larry clark and basquiat hip
- http://www.photobookstore.co.uk/photobook-found-photos-in-detroit.html#.U0cys-aiBxE fuuuuuuuuuuuckkk i want thissss its a book of found photos that are all shitty and dope from detroit, but its like a shijillion um i cant write that swirly L that english money comes in.
- http://www.missionathletecare.com/collections/products/products/enduracool-instant-cooling-towel-large some towel that has technology in it that i wanted to order for my dad
- http://perimeterbooks.com/ a small press with potentially sick zines. or just good covers. who knows.
- http://www.selfpublishbehappy.com/ self publishing blog, library, store, links, resource, and all around enthusiasm.
- expired craigslist link #3: a potential job posting for a friend who remains to this day unemployed.
- http://www.phmuseum.com/2013Grant link to a grant for the photographic museum my brother sent me last year.
- https://www.flickr.com/photos/chocapic/5673217895/in/photostream/ some dudes flickr. black and white shits
- https://www.flickr.com/photos/tony_kemplen/collections/72157623113584240/ some dude in britain has like every camera ever made and got all the wonky ones and shot photos using a different one every week for a year, which was pretty impressive considering half the films dont exist let alone have processing available.
- http://www.tolucaeditions.com/ i cant figure out what this is besides design heavy and european
- expired craigslist link #4: it just says ‘whatthe’
- http://www.ampersandgallerypdx.com/ looks like a gallery in portland. rated eh-plus
- http://www.publicationstudio.biz/books/ LOTSA indie books, im guessing 30% poetry 65% dave eggers wannabes and 5% dope
- http://www.mybinding.com/ place to buy shit to do your own binding and publishing, in case all the links werent enough to get it done on the information superhighway,
- http://www.galerie213.com/catalogue_japon.html hecka gorgeous layout showcasing layouts for japanese postwar photography. pretty much my favorite thing ever.
- http://www.jalexbooks.com/ZELDA.HTML sometimes old book binding bitches get al fucking cray and make these showcase pieces that are the book binding equivalent of haute couture. (see katrina in 20 years)
- http://www.goethe.de/enindex.htm site dedicated to spreading german culture and language throughout the world in a non-hitlery, pbs-y kinda way. documentaries and shit too.
- http://pankmagazine.com/books/ yet another independent press hustling their wares. note: for how many links i have to these shits i dont think ive spent longer than five minutes on one of these sites nor have i ever ordered, much less read anything from an independent press, as you cant shoplift off the internet. yet.
- http://thenextweb.com/dd/2012/12/26/x-things-weve-loved-in-web-design-in-2012/?fromcat=apps best of UI, app, and webdesign year end list by TNW from 2012, that i probably bookmarked in 2o13. but judging by a quick scroll through is still pretty keen.
- http://ocw.mit.edu/ans7870/21f/21f.027/protest_art_50s_japan/yamashita/index.htm#1 so last year i went to the east coast for the winter holidaze with the folks and managed to sneak off to an exhibit at the MoMA with kball during NYE in NYC. it remains my favorite exhibit of anything ever, i think it was japanese surrealism. anyway, this is a link to one of the artists i scribbled down in my notebook.
- http://dangerousminds.net/comments/ghetto_brothers_amazing_beatles-influenced_nuyorican_street_gang_and_garage#disqus_thread on that flight to said eastcoast vacay we took virgin whose in flight entertainment is phenomenal, and included a dedicated channel from boing-boing.net, one of the program’s presenters runs this blog, named after americas favorite coolio song. this article in particular is about a stupidly obscure band called the ghetto brothers, features no black people, and a front man that looks exactly like my friend and bodyguard luis mendoza
- http://boingboing.net/2012/10/12/hauntologists-mine-the-past-fo.html those cats at boing-boing collectively know pretty much everything about everything. this article, as inferred by the url, is about “hauntologists” who dig through old horror movies and garage bands for synthetic gold. not so spooky, and youtube clip laden.
- http://boingboing.net/2013/01/10/top-posts-of-2012.html like i said the east coast trip took place during NYE last year, hence all the best of 2012s. we were promised the apocalypse, and instead we were given moustaches as a design element. such sorrow. heres some articles as consolation.
- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fuckyoucomputer/sets/72157622747832897/ every nine months i make a flickr account, upload pictures for the next three days, and promptly forget it exists. heres one that i re-remembered, and then re-forgot about, and just now re-re-remembered.
- http://www.zencollegelife.com/75-free-language-learning-resources-online/ a cousin of mine changed her name to agnes and moved from taiwan to switzerland to study hospitality management in german. her english is poor at best. so i struck out to find some sort of online entity that could teach her german from mandarin, and hopefully bypass the english course middle man. this site might have that. but it might not.
- http://www.craftinamerica.org/artists_clay/story_186.php? in the middle of the page youll find a list of masters of clay craft. why i thought this was important to bookmark is equivalent to how many licks it takes. rated eh-minus
- http://www.foxadhd.com/#/reading cartoon sushi for our decade as we continue to struggle with the-twen-ty-tens
3:50 pm • 11 April 2014 • 2 notes
all that apply
when i was a little girl i put a cement block through the window of a porsche
when i was a little girl my brother licked a snail
when i was a little girl, i went to an episcopal private school, i was the only asian besides my brother, a bum burnt down the chapel. in attempt to show strength in the face of adversity we would continued going to mass wednesday mornings in the burnt out hull of the church, where they rehung the life-sized charred crucifix, that no longer had arms or a face.
when i was a little girl my second grade teacher died, her substitute mr tyler had a satanic brother and a “checkbook” with all our names. if you spoke out of turn you received a check, two checks and you couldnt go to recess. i never went to recess.
when i was a little girl i stole my second grade substitute teachers checkbook while he was making photocopies and buried it under the slide during physical activity.
when i as a little girl my father snuck me onto a foreign air force base, they gave me classified documents to feed into an industrial shredder that turned everything, including staplers into dust.
when i was a little girl my father got super wasted and tried to roller blade home, the next morning we went to go look at the blood soaked asphalt on the speed bump
when i was a little girl i assumed that speed bumps were where the mafia hid dead bodies.
when i was a little girl i had crushes on three samoan boys who were all cousins.
4:34 pm • 10 April 2014
i am fundamentally alone, and routinely depressed. i suppose its for the best, i murmur ‘i should just die i need to die what the fuck’ while im riding my bike through sunny streets and sloping sidewalks (i love alliteration) another adverb-state would be tremendously annoyed. so i still have it in my to place myself above those who aggravate me and im sure thats something. i need something i need friends i should die
2:41 pm • 10 March 2014 • 10,442 notes
dont forget to follow teenboydiesafterrave.tumblr.com
for the best in asian shirt poems
12:47 pm • 18 February 2014 • 2 notes
“Isnt it funny how when youre growing up youre like ‘Wow, theres so many amazing people in the world, and i cant believe i know some of them!’ and then you actually do grow up and find out that you know ALL of them and everyone is a shithead?”
— things that aren’t funny
9:25 pm • 8 February 2014
friends, countrymen, chicken fried steaks!
i can now be contacted at a reliable email address, or rather contacted reliably at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
yes, i have an iphone again, and yes, i may begin updating your favorite free app aggregator freeapppjunkie.tumblr.com
as soon as i can remember the email/password combination i need to access
12:03 pm • 23 November 2013
you can become rich and/or famous just from using your computer. its just a matter of figuring out the correct combinations clicks and keystrokes. is that not wild? i will focus my future endeavors on unraveling this mystery as i have completed the 140+ episodes of ST:TNG which according to my calculations is 8,011 minutes, not including the episodes i rewatched having fallen asleep somewhere during the second half and disregarding the collective seconds of fast forwarding the title sequence and end credits, and the one episode where crusher keeps having sex with her grandmothers boyfriends ghost, which comes out to 133 and a half hours and one minute. i am confident were i to devote as much time to this new ambition i will no doubt triumph in my efforts.
1:47 pm • 20 November 2013 • 1 note